‘Chocolate Shogun’ astilbe features unique dark purple-brown foliage that creates long-lasting color in any partial sun to shade garden. It produces pink spike blooms that flower in early summer and are deer resistant.
Noteworthy Characteristics Dark purple foliage
Care Astilbes need a moist spot for best performance. Other than that and deadheading spent blooms (if you want), they won't need much from you.
Propagation Astilbes can be divided in spring or fall.
Problems If the soil is dry or the plant is in too much sun, the leaves will crisp up.
- Genus : Astilbe
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Foliage Color : Black, Purple/Burgundy
- Uses : Color, Foliage, Front Yard, Shade, Small Spaces, Wet Areas
- Characteristics : Deer Resistant, Showy Foliage
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant, Disease resistant
- Bloom Time : Early Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Fall Interest, Spring Interest, Summer Interest
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Light : Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink